MORTADELLO TERRAZZO WARRANTY INFORMATION
Mortadello warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 1 year after the date of original shipment, provided the product is used in the manner and under the conditions for which It was designed.
1. Warranty shall only apply if:
- Purchaser notifies Seller in writing of the claimed defect within 30 days of discovery.
- Purchaser discovers the claimed defect within the warranty period.
- Purchaser allows the seller to inspect the goods claimed to be defective and seller or its representative confirms the defect in writing to the purchaser.
- The goods have been paid in full
2. This limited warranty only extends to defects in materials and workmanship which occur during normal use and service as defined below and it does not apply to:
- Goods that have not been maintained in accordance with instructions or that have been accidentally damaged.
- Defects attributable in any way to installation, modification, cleaning, or repair made by any party other than Mortadello, or
- Mishandling, accident, fire, lighting, other hazards whether natural or man-made or shipment and freight. ‘Normal use and service” mean that the product will be used in a typical residential environment.
- Improper use or abuse includes, but is not limited to; damage from mishandling of the product, damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions physical or chemical abuse, and damage from improper care and maintenance.
- Chips or other excessive impact damage in the product.
- Scratches. Mortadello Terrazzo and concrete sealers are scratch-resistant but not scratchproof. Proper care must be exercised including the use of a cutting board as part of your care and maintenance.
- Thermal shock. Thermal shock can occur when a hot item, eg Pot or pan is left on the countertop for more than a brief period. Trivets, coverings, or hot pads should always be used. These issues are not considered material defects and are subject to proper care and maintenance by the owner
- Damage caused by excessive pressure (eg sitting, standing, or applying force to a mortadella product that would be considered outside normal use.
- This warranty does not cover chemical damage.
- In a commercial environment, Mortadello applies a 1-year warranty to the structural integrity of the concrete but does not warrant any damage caused to the surface. Due to the unpredictable high traffic use of commercial furniture, Mortadello does not warrant any damage caused if our sealer is uncompromised by scratching, heat, abrasive surfaces, chemicals, accidental chipping, dropping, accidents beyond control, exposure to weather, improper installation, or contact with incompatible substances.
- Mortadello Terrazzo and concrete is water and stain tolerant but not waterproof or stainproof. Products will naturally wear over time. Given that concrete is a porous surface, it is to be expected to develop character from weather and human use over time.
3. Further, this warranty shall not apply if;
- The purchaser or third party modifies or repairs the goods without Mortadello’s prior written approval or,
- After the discovery of a defect, the Purchaser fails to take prompt and reasonable steps to prevent the defect from becoming more serious. If goods are repaired in the field by someone other than Mortadello, then the warranty on that repair is from the person or company making that repair, not Mortadello.
- Goods are damaged in transit by a transport or freight company.
4. Upon collection or delivery of a Mortadello product, the customer becomes 100% responsible for the preservation and maintenance of the product.
5. Material variations. E.g
Mortadello Products a comprise of concrete, stone, steel, aluminum, powder-coated products, timber, and other materials, you can expect natural variations in the colour, pattern, and finish. Please be aware that your product may be slightly different from the ones featured in photos, as each piece is handmade and unique. Material variations are a natural part of the piece and do not fall under the consideration of warranty.